Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Trials of Young Werther

This is the last film whose creative process I was a part of. A little more impressive than Snap in its quick creation, I made this film in only about 3 hours from beginning to end with a crew of only two. There was myself and then there was Tracy. If you look closely you can see the light meter on his hip in some of the scenes. This was all shot on film as an experiment. We wanted to see if we could shoot a film linearly that would come back ready to show--without any editing. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the intricacies of film, that is crazy. Tracy kept telling me I was crazy, but it worked. I started to doubt myself, but I didn't have any choice after I'd started. I was blown away though, and so was the rest of my class, when it came back working. Since then it has seen some minor editing to make it flow better, but if any one is interested I guess some time I could post the original so you can see how it all threw down.









No comments:

Post a Comment