Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Greatest Adventure



My heart goes out to, and breaks for, all those who have not been married whether by incident or choice. I think the break is harsher for those who choose not to embark on life's greatest adventure. They have no argument to stand with. Marriage to a person with whom you can work and struggle through every trial and joy in life is the greatest treasure there is to unearth. So here is a photo of me and my greatest adventure. Her name is Lindsay. She is my Lady.
Yes, we have climbed mountains together. We've backpacked through the woods. We've travelled across the country three times. We've explored ocean beaches. We've attended museums. We've built a home. And we've also enjoyed many of our own individual adventures. We indeed have it all.
I just want everyone know that there is never a dull moment when you lay claim to a family of your own. Like those great explorers of olden time who would discover new lands and claim them for their homeland, we too have the opportunity to bring the only new exploration into the world when we begin our own family and create a structure that truly wasn't there before. It is the undiscovered country. If you want to be daring, if you want to be adventurous, if you want to show true courage (and not the misdiagnosed 'courage' of extreme sports) then the only way to do that is to put yourself whole heart and future into the hands of someone else and in exchange take theirs into your hands.
The narrow sighted and sharp-tongued may disagree, but I welcome a chance to talk to any who would. I don't criticize any who would choose to walk a different path from my own--for every path is of necessity different--but there are certain supplies or companions that will make the walk down every path brighter, and that's all I wish to add.
I am not an island (though I've explored my fair share if anyone wants to hear about it). I love and need my family. I am grateful for them and even more grateful to a God who has promised eternal life with those we love. Just think of it, an eternity of moments like that picture above. Pure. Full. Joyous. And, of course, adventurous.






No comments:

Post a Comment